After a group headed by one of Paul Mwazha’s younger sons, with the aid of a team of former BOT members, managed to obtain an interim relief barring the church, or any of its members or representatives, from setting foot at Guvambwa Shrine in Chikomba District, there was fresh chaos and persecution in the African Apostolic Church led by Paul Mwazha.
This seems to be the fulfillment of Christ’s prophecy in Matthew 10. “However, beware of men, for they will deliver you to the courts and scourge you in their synagogues.”
Mathew 24“But before all these things, they will lay their hands on you and will persecute you, delivering you to the synagogues and prisons, bringing you before kings and governors for My name’s sake.”
John 16 vs 2 “They will make you outcasts from the synagogue, but an hour is coming for everyone who kills you to think that he is offering service to God”
Since this group of Bishops began their shenanigans to take control of the church, chaos has reigned. In an interview with the Harare Sun, the church’s General Secretary, Bishop Juru, tried to downplay the interim judgment, blaming it on Covid19 constraints for the church’s decision to halt Easter celebrations at the revered shrine. Juru bluntly said, “Kumusangano hatichaendi nekuda kweCovid19” in a phone conversation recorded by this news organization.
The steps and actions taken by the splinter party in a plot to destabilize the dominant church group, which commands the respect of the founder Paul Mwazha, are listed below.
- Attempting to prevent Mwazha’s senior sons and trusted bishops from entering his home. Their submission, however, was denied by the courts due to a lack of merit.
- The faction is attempting to align itself with Pentecostal church unions, despite the fact that the church is Apostolic.
- Trying to outlaw all-night prayers.
- Prophets are being outlawed and strictly regulated (“kudzima Mweya Mutsvene”) (in the words of the church founder)
- Restricting outdoor retreats and worship *masowe*, despite the fact that Jesus worshiped in the wilderness for forty days and forty nights.
- Meetings in opulent hotels for worship services
- Falsely accusing Paul Mwazha’s second son of calling himself Archbishop, something he never said during the entire saga
- Attempting to expel senior church members such as GS Juru, Mharadze, Tafa, Tsveta, Rusike, Tekeshe, Siyamuzhombwe, and others, who all belong to the church’s inner circle and are close to the founder’s heart (the Peter, James and John of the church)
Paul, in his infinite wisdom, has chosen to remain silent on the matter. This has enraged some members of the splinter party, who have tried all they can to persuade him to join their side without success. He accepts and blesses everybody. Alfred, whom he appointed chairman of the Priesthood Council, which serves Mwazha when he is away, has been blessed by the Mudzidzisi several times as a Paulian ambassador to the church.
Mharadze and Siyamuzhombwe, two of the bishops, had their hands warmly squeezed by the Man of God, who proclaimed, “yava hochekoche, pane achadambura here apa?”
The church is now denied entry to its holiest shrines. This because of the selfishness of a few people. Kereke yafira mumba maasahwira vayo kereke yafira mumba maasahwira vayo In his time of weakness, Ham laughed at his father, just as they are doing to the centenarian wise leader. They’re destroying a 102-year-old recreational and heavenly project. Paul Mwazha controlled a following of over 3 million followers in Africa alone, not to mention the United Kingdom, the United States, Australia, and Canada.
Today, selfishness and greed have splintered the once-proud church.
The work for which Jesus Christ died, his blood pouring freely on the cross, bearing the sins of mankind, is now in disarray. He drank the cup of sorrow to the dregs in order for mankind to be saved, and now a portion of humanity has become so greedy as to ruin what he worked so hard for.
His mother was robbed of a son, his siblings of a brother, and his disciples of a teacher, and now they are robbing him of his church, persecuting his followers, infringing on their right to worship, their right to communicate with their representatives, their right to assemble and pray, and their right to free thought and conscience, all of which Jesus sacrificed so much for.
The path to justice has been derailed. Rights have been abused. As blows are hurled at the church, it trembles. Truth and justice, on the other hand, would endure. Before the end of the universe is reached.
I mourn for a generation that has been destroyed by selfishness. Farewell